Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Second Week of School


We have had a busy first week of school.  Students have been to the library and have been able to pick out books to read.  I also have shared my classroom library books with students.  By this week, all students should be bringing home a book to read for 20 mins each night. On Thursday of this week students will be turning in a completed reading log.  See the example below. At the bottom of the reading log there is a place for parents to sign their name. Any questions please call me at 379-5113 or email me at amber.jensen@alschools.org.





One poster I share with the students at the beginning of the year is the poster about Why.....Can't....I.....Skip ......My...READING tonight? 



We have picked the book Frindle to read during our read aloud time.  Students are welcome to bring a snack during this time.  Nick, the main character in our book is going to take us adventure during his 5th grade school year. 


Our class has decided on three rules for this year.  We want to be Safe, Responsible, and Respectful.  All my fourth grade friends signed our rules and we will be showing our Tiger Pride everyday!